[Bucardo-general] Bucardo 5 has arrived!
Greg Sabino Mullane
greg at endpoint.com
Fri May 13 04:07:36 UTC 2011
It's still in rough form, but I just cleaned up my local
code for Bucardo 5 and pushed it out. There is a *lot* of
changes to the code, as almost everything was re-examined
and re-designed if needed. Some highlights:
* Have as many masters as you want :)
* Uses the new listen/notify payload system if available
* No more 'pushdelta' or 'swap'. Simply create a bunch
of databases and state whether each is a source or a target.
* Much more efficient than the previous swap sync (2 masters).
* Uses async connections whenever possible.
* Only one kid per controller (for now)
* Both bucardo_delta and bucardo_track are now many tables
that track a single relation.
* No more bucardo.q table. Instead, have dbrun and syncrun.
* Can specify different types of database targets. One is a
flatfile, which writes all the changes to local SQL files.
Thus, you can have an audit trail, ship them to foreign
* Experimental support for MongoDB (as a target).
Major things left to do:
* Put back truncate support
* Put back sequence support
* Redo the makedelta system
* Write many tests
* Put in a vacuum daemon
Quick overview of setup with a master/master/master/slave setup:
$ bucardo_ctl install
$ bucardo_ctl add db btest1
$ bucardo_ctl add db btest2
$ bucardo_ctl add db btest3
$ bucardo_ctl add db btest4
$ bucardo_ctl add dbgroup bgroup btest1:master btest2:master btest3:master btest4:target
$ bucardo_ctl add herd bherd pgbench_accounts pgbench_branches pgbench_tellers
$ bucardo_ctl add sync foobar dbs=bgroup herd=bherd
$ bucardo_ctl validate all
$ bucardo_ctl start
Adding a MongoDB target:
$ sudo yum install MongoDB
$ bucardo_ctl add db test name=mongo1 type=mongo host=localhost
$ bucardo_ctl add dbgroup bgroup mongo1
$ bucardo_ctl reload sync foobar
Please give it a try, especially those of you who have been waiting
for master-master-master support!
Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
End Point Corporation
PGP Key: 0x14964AC8
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 163 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : https://mail.endcrypt.com/pipermail/bucardo-general/attachments/20110513/0f8400eb/attachment.bin
More information about the Bucardo-general